Vanity Sink Faucet

Discussion in 'Kitchen and Bath' started by Robbie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Apr 4, 2012
    Robbie

Robbie New Member

What is the difficulty level for installing a bathroom faucet for a vanity? I'm trying to decide if I should attempt this myself, or find someone. Have you ever put one in?

2. Apr 4, 2012
    fixerupper

fixerupper New Member

I have never put one in myself but we have been contemplating remodeling the bathroom ourselves. I don't think it is very difficult to do by yourself, just a matter of sliding the old one out and attaching the new one with cabinet screws and caulk.

3. Apr 5, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

I would think you just need to make sure that they are a match. You know if you have 2 handles on this one make sure the new one is the same way. If they are not, you will have to do some plumbing.

4. Apr 6, 2012
    SuzyD

SuzyD New Member

We have done this before and it didn't go well. I think it was because it had been there for so long and a piece of pipe broke off. I know of others who've done it before without any problems though. Good luck.

5. Apr 6, 2012
    Yoohoo

Yoohoo New Member

Until Suzy's posts, I'd never heard of anyone having problems (although I've never done it myself). If I were you, I'd read up it a little bit and try doing it myself.