Shower & Tub Insert

Discussion in 'Kitchen and Bath' started by Melos, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Oct 26, 2006
    Melos

Melos New Member

My father is getting ready to sell his house and refuses to shell out a lot of money for a completely new tub/shower and the tiles on the wall. They are very old and rather disgusting right now.

Has anyone had an experience whith those "bath fitter" type shower and tub inserts? The ones that go right over the existing tiles and bathtub?

We are considering it as a cheaper alternative.

2. Oct 27, 2006
    tater03

tater03 New Member

We are thinking about getting one of these for our tub. You are right they are a lot cheaper in the long run. My brother bought one for his bathroom and you cannot even tell it is an insert. I least I can't. It looks really good.

3. Oct 27, 2006
    lyricb

lyricb New Member

They have a couple of these set up at the mall here in town and they look great. I don't know though...there just seems to be something kind of weird about covering up an old bathtub. I mean, what sort of junk would grow in there after it gets covered up?

4. Oct 28, 2006
    Melos

Melos New Member

I thought of that too LyricB -- it seems a little gross to me. But, my dad is cheap, and there is no way he could sell the house with the bathroom as it is. Tater, thanks for the personal opinion of your brother.

5. Oct 29, 2006
    echos

echos New Member

Why don`t you try a re-furbishing or old fixture place. We got our surround tub-shower for a song, Echos

6. Oct 29, 2006
    bra

bra New Member

I cannot believe I am this ignorant about the insert! I had NO idea that they go on top of the existing bathtub. I thought you had to tear all the junk out and set it in there.
    Hmm. now I probably wouldnt be able to do what I wanted to do because my tub is a piece of LITTLE junk.

7. Oct 30, 2006
    echos

echos New Member

Wow, I just learned alot ,Thankx, Echos