Out with the old

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fixerupper, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Apr 23, 2012
    fixerupper

fixerupper New Member

We are trying to get rid of all the odd, extra things we seem to have acquired. When we moved in together we never really got rid of the extras and it is making life miserable to have all the stuff. For example, I discovered that we have 4, yes 4, slow cookers. We only use 1! The house is going to feel so much bigger when we get done.

2. Apr 23, 2012
    Fryar

Fryar New Member

All those things do tend to end up owning you instead of you owning them. We have things that multiply of their own accord, like pennies. We also have things that disappear no matter how many we buy. like combs and hairbrushes. All those extra appliances take up enormous amounts of space.

3. Apr 23, 2012
    PlushPickens

PlushPickens New Member

We just reorganized and cleaned out our garage. We gave a lot of stuff to Goodwill, that we didn't need or had doubles of. What a difference, you should see all the room we have!

4. Apr 23, 2012
    hammers

hammers New Member

Great plan! We have been doing this for a while too. My problem is that my gram died about 3 months ago and I acquired a lot of her things. Adding things to my house and not getting rid of anything made us a bit crunched for space again!

5. Apr 30, 2012
    fixerupper

fixerupper New Member

It is a slow process for us but it is getting done slowly but surely. I can already start to see some progress. We had a yard sale and got rid of quite a bit and a ton of clothing and housewares is going to Goodwill today. It feels so good to let all that stuff go.

6. May 1, 2012
    TileLindsey

TileLindsey New Member

Yeah, seems like a great plan.. I'm also planning a home remodeling... But while I'm thinking of sorting out my new things from the old, it feels like some are not that easy to let go.. lol.. Have you experienced that?