One switch does it all

Discussion in 'Home Electronics and Automation' started by Howdie, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Mar 24, 2012
    Howdie

Howdie New Member

When we were building our house, a friend suggested putting a light switch into the wall that turned on all the lights and lamps in a room at once. I ended up doing this in all the rooms, even connecting some of the rooms. At Christmas, we can turn on the lights in the windows by flipping just a few key switches. I love putting candles in all the windows, and we have a lot of them upstairs and down.

2. Mar 24, 2012
    hammers

hammers New Member

I don't know if I would like this. How would you not turn them all on? I never go into a room and turn on all the lights. Maybe I'm conscious of wasting electricity. It would be cool though for the lighted candles in the windows.

3. Mar 24, 2012
    SuzyD

SuzyD New Member

That does sound like a good idea. I would think it would work out great at Christmas time like you mentioned, especially if you like to have a lot of lights like that in the windows. :)

4. Mar 25, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

Sounds like a really neat thought but I would not use it either. I think with 1 switch you are welcoming more problems. The switch goes and your whole room is "lights out". I would rather have my lights on different switches.

5. Mar 25, 2012
    Fryar

Fryar New Member

We have two switches in our front rooms that turn on the electricity in the room, so we can turn all the lights out at once. If there is a light we don't want to come on when we do this, we just keep that one unplugged and plug it in when we want it plugged in. I'd love to have one that did all the windows in the house for the Christmas lights.