New from VA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Canesisters, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Sep 11, 2013
    Canesisters

Canesisters Member

Hi. Fall is on the way and it's time to start wrapping up the outside projects and start the inside ones.
    This year my BIG project is to do some painting - and if I win the lottery I'd love to get rid of the carpet and put down laminate flooring.
    Debbie in VA

2. Sep 11, 2013
    Nifty

Nifty Administrator Staff Member

Hi Debbie, great to see you here!

We have laminate in our old house and my wife really liked it. I'm personally a fan of the "warmth" and sound dampening that carpet provides. I think we'll end up with a mix in our new place.

3. Sep 11, 2013
    Canesisters

Canesisters Member

The house came with cream colored carpet EVERYWHERE except the kitchen, baths and utility. I have 3 dogs (1 black, 1 grey, 1 brown) and 3 cats (2 torties, 1 grey) ... carpet is not my friend.. and cream carpet is my sworn enemy. o_O I'd rather invest in some warm, snuggly socks. :D

4. Sep 11, 2013
    Nifty

hahaha :)

5. Sep 12, 2013
    Canesisters

Canesisters Member

Just playing with all the buttons

"We always used to spend the holidays with Grandma and Grandpa. They used to live in a big brick house but Grandpa got retarded and they moved to Arizona. Now they live in a tin box and have rocks painted green to look like grass. They ride around on their bicycles and wear nametags because they don't know who they are anymore. They go to a building called a wreck center, but they must have got it fixed because it is all okay now, they do exercises there, but they don't do them very well. There is a swimming pool too, but they all jump up and down in it with hats on.
    At their gate, there is a dollhouse with a little old man sitting in it. He watches all day so nobody can escape. Sometimes they sneak out, and go cruising in their golf carts. ​
    Nobody there cooks, they just eat out. And, they eat the same thing every night --- early birds.
    Some of the people can't get out past the man in the dollhouse. The ones who do get out, bring food back to the wrecked center for pot luck
    .​

My Grandma says that Grandpa worked all his life to earn his retardment and says I should work hard so I can be retarded someday too.
    When I earn my retardment, I want to be the man in the doll house. Then I will let people out, so they can visit their grandchildren."

Hummm - sometimes the buttons work, sometimes they don't... Probably just my computer - this happens sometimes.

6. Sep 12, 2013
    MarshallSmyth

MarshallSmyth New Member

Being retard sounds more like a good idear all the time.

7. Sep 12, 2013
    Nifty

Which buttons? The ones in the editor for selecting fonts, etc?

8. Sep 12, 2013
    Canesisters

Canesisters Member

Yes. I was just selecting parts of text and trying to color them, or enlarge them, or change the font, right justify, center, bold... stuff like that.
    Sometimes it worked.
    Sometimes if I hit enter to isolate it from the stuff around it, it worked.
    Sometimes it didn't change anything at all.
    But I've had text issues on BYC and it was my computer. They eventually cleared up all by themselves (which means that yall working madly in the background made some sort of adjustment that fixed my problem)