Jet Tub

Discussion in 'Kitchen and Bath' started by Darla, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Mar 29, 2012
    Darla

Darla New Member

Does anyone here have a jacuzzi style jet tub in their bathroom? I have always wanted one, because I thought it might be good for relaxation. Are these kinds of tubs really worth it? I was also wondering if they were hard to clean?

2. Mar 29, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

Hard to clean? No, you just want to be sure to rinse it out really good after you use it. If you don't your tub will get soapy residue. We have a jacuzzi in our bathroom and we love it. It's used every night by someone in our family. The kids love to put "too many" bubbles in the tub and then turn on the jets.

3. Mar 30, 2012
    Yoohoo

Yoohoo New Member

No, I don't have one, but I would love to! That must be so relaxing. I had a garden tub once (no jets) and I just crouched inside the tub to clean the walls, then hopped out to clean the bottom.

4. Mar 31, 2012
    Fryar

Fryar New Member

I would run some chlorinated water through the jets every few months or so just to keep bacteria, mildew, mold and other stuff from growing up inside places I didn't want it to grow. I have no scientific evidence to back this up, but it is my personal opinion.

5. Mar 31, 2012
    Darla

Darla New Member

Your kids use bubbles in the jet tub? I thought I had read somewhere, that it was bad to use bubbles in this kind of tub. I hope I read wrong, because I would love to have tons of bubbles in my bath.

6. Mar 31, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

We actually put shower gel in the water (small amount) and that makes bubbles. I think the warning is just so you don't make a huge mess. I have rented hotel rooms with jacuzzi tubs and they always have a sign saying to not add bubbles. Of course we always add bubbles.

7. Apr 1, 2012
    hammers

hammers New Member

Bubbles are great! Just not too many or you will have a very wet bubbly floor. I don't think they are hard to clean either. Just be sure to clean the tub every time someone uses it. You can just do a wipe down with a Clorox wipe.

8. Apr 2, 2012
    SuzyD

SuzyD New Member

We had one in the past and found that we just didn't use it that much. Also, I found that I couldn't stay in one for more then 10 minutes because it lowered my blood pressure and I was dizzy when I got out.

9. Apr 2, 2012
    PlushPickens

PlushPickens New Member

The same thing happened to me as SuzyD. I was in my parents tub, and I felt so dizzy when I got out. I didn't like it, so I would not spend the money on one.

10. Apr 2, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

I've never had a problem with my blood pressure or feeling dizzy. I wonder if you had the tub water too hot. It's not a hot tub (where the water is hotter). I have always taken a hot bath but never had any problems.

11. Apr 2, 2012
    fixerupper

fixerupper New Member

I have had a jetted whirpool tub in the past but we moved and no longer have it. I found it really difficult to clean the jets. If you don't keep them clean then you end up with mold and mildew in them that blows out when you use the tub.