Carbon Monoxide Testers

Discussion in 'HVAC' started by tater03, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Nov 16, 2006
    tater03

tater03 New Member

I need to get one of these and have been looking around at them. There are just so many I am not sure which one to get? Does anyone on here happen to have any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks

2. Nov 16, 2006
    eleet34

eleet34 New Member

I would recommend Kidde because it is effective and does not cost too much. You can find it at your local Target.

3. Nov 28, 2006
    eleet34

eleet34 New Member

I have a question, where is the best place or a carbon dioxide tester? I thought the best place was by the livin areas, but I've heard its better to have it in the laundry room or heater area.

Which is the best place?

4. Jan 8, 2007
    ljk19

ljk19 New Member

I'm pretty sure that I heard the best place is near your heater since that is where the carbon monoxide would start to come from if it were to leak ... Can anyone verify this or give the correct answer? I'm not 100% sure on this.

5. Jan 14, 2007
    wayne

wayne New Member

Personally I would site the alarm outside your bedroom. The reason being that if carbon monoxide is building during the day you will notice the symptoms coming on. During the night time being asleep you wont so if it is building up you want to hear it. In your basement you may not!