Help, Toilet Clogged

Discussion in 'Plumbing' started by buzzSaw, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Feb 25, 2007
    buzzSaw

buzzSaw New Member

I have a pressure assisted toilet. It hasn't been clogged in the three years we had it. Our medicine cabinet is behind the toilet and I think a bottle or lid must have fallen in the toilet. I plunged my heart out and have tried a small drain snake to no avail. What should I try next? :eek:

2. Feb 26, 2007
    technix

technix New Member

My brother had that same problem. He picked up a heavy duty snake from Lowe's and it seemed to do the trick. I don't know what it was called but it had a really long snake, so you might want to go there to see what they have. If that doesn't work I would say take the toilet up and see if you can see where it is stuck.

3. Feb 26, 2007
    artapia

artapia New Member

It was probably a closet snake. I had the same problem, I picked up a closet snake for LOWES for only $7.99. It did the trick.

4. Mar 6, 2012
    Howdie

Howdie New Member

I used to use a snake in the toilets all the time until we finally got so backed up we had to get a plumber to lay in entirely new pipes. We had so many tree roots in the old pipes that you wouldn't believe the mess it was causing. Our pipes are great now.

5. Mar 9, 2012
    Darla

Darla New Member

If the snake is not working, and the big snake is not working, call a plumber. I am not even sure a snake could unlodge a lid from your toilet. I wouldn't wait around too long, because the longer you wait the worse your problem gets.

6. Mar 10, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

Ouch - you tried both snakes already and it's not fixed, You need a plumber for sure. You probably have it wedged in the line and it won't come out without some help. I bet they will have to take the pipe apart.

7. Mar 12, 2012
    Fryar

Fryar New Member

Plumber time

The plumber can run a light down there and see what's happening. It could be tree roots or, as in my sister's case, a hand towel had fallen down and her son decided to flush it instead of telling his mom. It ended up wedged between the house and street.