Wall Decals

Discussion in 'Painting and Interior Design' started by Robbie, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Mar 16, 2012
    Robbie

Robbie New Member

I've been dying to put up a wall decal. I see home decorating shows using them, and I think they are stunning. Have you ever implemented a wall decal in your home decor?

2. Mar 17, 2012
    hammers

hammers New Member

I have and they are really neat. They really make a room sparkle. I have 2 in my bedroom and a couple small decals in my kitchen. The key is to make sure the wall is super clean before applying them to the wall.

3. Mar 17, 2012
    Howdie

Howdie New Member

I haven't bothered with them, but some people really like them. I'd rather use something like hand-painted wallpaper to give a room a certain flair. I think it's just a matter of personal taste.

4. Mar 18, 2012
    Darla

Darla New Member

I have seen many very nice wall decals on the internet, but I do not see them at any local stores. I do see kids wall decals all the time, though. My best friend's son just bought some Angry Bird's decals for his bedroom.

5. Mar 20, 2012
    Yoohoo

Yoohoo New Member

I think decals look really nice in kids' bedrooms, but I haven't tried using any in other rooms. I just haven't seen any to my taste.

6. Oct 31, 2015
    Smart Red

Smart Red Member

Never tried decals on walls -- and I have some unused children's decals that are 50 years old (at least the child is). Spouse doesn't even like pictures hung on the walls we worked so hard to fix.

I have tried stenciling along the wall near the ceiling.