Unclear how to see "Next" page of members

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Lynn Allan, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Sep 11, 2013
    Lynn Allan

Lynn Allan New Member

Hi Rob,

Just trying out the XenForo forum engine. I attempted to take a look at the list of members. Some observations:
    • Didn't see how to get past the first page. Did I not look hard enough?
    • It seems to be sorted only by number of posts
    • Didn't see how to sort alphabetically, newest, oldest, other sort order

2. Sep 11, 2013
    Nifty

Nifty Administrator Staff Member

I believe the user list is truncated on purpose to not show an entire list of users. If you are looking for specific users you can use the search feature.

There are a few options for the member's tab. You'll see "Notable Members" which lets you see members with:

Most Messages
    Most Likes
    Most Points
    Staff Members

What are some use cases where you think a member would want to see a list of all other members?

3. Sep 11, 2013
    Lynn Allan

Lynn Allan New Member

1. Where am I on the list of prolific posters ... page 1? 2? 10?
    2. Where are the "transitions" between difference categories of members ... at what point do you go from newbie to freshman to member to hero, etc. Generally, this can be ascertained from the Member list, if not specified by the forum.
    3. Trying to determine if someone from another forum is a member, such as from DPReview, Luminous-Landscape, etc. (doesn't apply as the Remodel forum isn't for photography)
    4. "Fit and Finish" ... seems flawed since every other forum I've been part of allows seeing the entire list..
    5. This doesn't apply to me, but a spammer might want to see a complete member list.

4. Sep 11, 2013
    Nifty

Nifty Administrator Staff Member

Good feedaback! We'll definitely review those use cases and see if they are frequent enough to warrant developing out the user list a bit more. On all the other forums I manage the user list isn't accessed very often. In fact, when we lost that functionality on BYC I was surprised more people didn't miss it.