Small tiles

Discussion in 'Kitchen and Bath' started by Fryar, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Apr 22, 2012
    Fryar

Fryar New Member

Does anyone else have experience inserting those small decorative 2-inch square tiles inside the larger kitchen wall tiles? What is the difficulty level? My wife insists on using them in our kitchen, but I'm not sure I want to tackle the job. What's wrong with just regular, same-sized tiles?

2. Apr 23, 2012
    fixerupper

fixerupper New Member

I have never done them myself, but from what I have seen it isn't any more difficult than doing them all the same size. Before you start laying them down make sure you have a good idea on measurements though. Maybe it would help to sketch it out first. In any case you can probably find some how to videos on Youtube or something.

3. Apr 23, 2012
    Yoohoo

Yoohoo New Member

Sometimes (but not always) tiles that size are glued onto a mat so that the tiles are properly spaced and all you have to do is mortar the mat onto the wall and grout the lines.

4. Apr 23, 2012
    Fryar

Fryar New Member

Thanks for the heads up and suggestions, guys. I think I'm going to tell her I'll try it, but she can't find fault with the finished result, or she has to call in someone who does this every day. My hands aren't all that small. She says she'll help me place them, and I'm going to hold her to that.