problem with the table saw

Discussion in 'Woodworking and Carpentry' started by marcianin, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Dec 29, 2015
    marcianin

marcianin New Member

Hi guys,

My question will be about the table saw and its motor..

I struggle with it alone and I can not invent anything. In brief: I work with the Dewalt. I had t replace the motor because that one was burnt. I took the father's industrial motor (he used it on the farm), but it does not work. This is a 3ph motor. How can I use it through a single ph?

Please explain, I'm very frustrated...

Smart Red likes this.
  2. Dec 29, 2015
    Smart Red

Smart Red Member

First, welcome to the RemodelForum. This isn't as active as I would like, but I keep trying. I'm glad to meet you and hope you can find a solution to your problem.

I do some electrical, but nothing like that. Still, I do remember DH playing around with 110/220 so I googled your problem. There are a couple of sites that might help you. Here's one and here is another and finally a third choice. If you click on the underlined words you will be taken to the sites I found.

I prefer the first because I am a visual learner and UTube is a great resource for visual learning. I hope these could be of help. My google source was "3 phase to single phase motor". A click there will take you to the page I used.

3. Dec 30, 2015
    marcianin

marcianin New Member

Thanks Smart Red for you help, I also googled a lot and researched this problem in the Internet. But it is seems that this problem is not widespread and I thought that it would be great to hear real tips from experienced people. If anybody on this forum can suggest something, I would be grateful.

4. Jan 7, 2016
    marcianin

marcianin New Member