Plex or Aqua Plex Plumbing

Discussion in 'Plumbing' started by handystan, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Oct 27, 2006
    handystan

handystan New Member

Plex is a plastic water pipe that was developed by the radiant flooring industry. Aquaplex is one manufacturer's drinking water safe version of plex. Plex is supposed to be stronger then anything on the market. The reason it is so strong is that it can be stretched without loosing strength, and it will try to shrink down to it original state.

Has anyone used Aquaplex or another plex piping in their home. If so what do you think.

2. Oct 29, 2006
    bra

bra New Member

Yes, we had a home that originally had lead (I think) water pipes in it and they were totally a wreck.
    We decided to put some plastic pipe in and when we went to buy it, the hardware guy told us one okay for drinking the other just basic use. Well I had not ever known this about plastic pipe before. I did not buy any of the non drinking water pipe for the house. We used all drinking water safe pipe. I cannot give you a rational reason why we went this way, but our reason was, HUH?? that isnt drinking water safe pipe? yuk! But the pipe worked well for us except in the bathroom (which wasnt the pipes fault) We needed to put a "reducer" on the end of one of the pipes to help build pressure, and we did not do this originally. So we had to pull some stuff out and redo it. Everything went a breeze besides that. You just need some glue and some patience! :)