New tools

Discussion in 'Tool Discussion' started by Smart Red, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Feb 7, 2016
    Smart Red

Smart Red Member

I bought myself some new tools the other day. In the 10 years since I retired, most of my personal tools have walked away or been used to death. To find what I want in the wood shop is nearly impossible and what I do find is covered in a few layers of saw dust.
    Tools - new.JPG
    Since this photo was takes, I've also added a sabre-saw. I can't think of what else I would use often enough to warrant having my own. These are my new best friends. I am hoping they will stay close to me and out of the dusty shop. This way I am prepared to do some of the basement work myself as well.

Once the weather is warm enough, I'll be hunting down my hand tools. What I can't find I'll replace. DH and DS seem to look in my tool bucket first, but returning things is another story.

2. Feb 20, 2016
    Nifty

Nifty Administrator Staff Member

Wow @Smart Red , that's a GREAT looking set!

Do the drills have built in lights that turn on when you push the button?

3. Feb 21, 2016
    Smart Red

Smart Red Member

Yes, they both have a work-defining light. A great feature I was surprised to find they had.

4. Feb 21, 2016
    Nifty

Nifty Administrator Staff Member

I have a pretty old Makita that's been working well for many years, but I do like the idea of upgrading to a driver drill with a nice light!

5. Feb 24, 2016
    Smart Red

Smart Red Member

My tools put up a toilet paper holder, bi-fold doors on two closets, and hung a TV on the bedroom wall today. :thumbsup Yup! A good deal having them around.

Nifty likes this.