Neutral

Discussion in 'Painting and Interior Design' started by fixerupper, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Apr 6, 2012
    fixerupper

fixerupper New Member

My husband and I are owner occupiers of a duplex so we are constantly going back and forth about paint colors. He wants to keep our side "neutral" on the off chance that we decide to move to a house and rent out both units. I think that navy blue paint on the wainscoting with white paint on the wall in the kitchen would be neutral but he is convinced beige in every room is the only way to go. What do you think?

2. Apr 6, 2012
    Yoohoo

Yoohoo New Member

I find beige in every room unendurably boring, personally. The navy blue isn't neutral, but it would look nice and add some interest. You can always repaint if you decide to move and rent out your side.

3. Apr 6, 2012
    Robbie

Robbie New Member

Beige turns my stomach. I suppose you could add color with furniture, accent pieces, pictures and pillows, but I think navy on white sounds a lot better. The combination in colors sound warm, yet cheerful.

4. Apr 15, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

Beige everywhere would drive me crazy too! How boring that would be. Yes, you could make it look more "alive" by adding other accents in the house. I like white and blue and think that is neutral too.

5. Apr 16, 2012
    Fryar

Fryar New Member

I wouldn't want navy blue, but it doesn't go with anything we own. We're more into the greens, yellows, pale blues and lighter reds. My wife likes to use taupe in rooms because she says it goes with lots of color palettes. I don't know. To me, it looks a little beige, but she says it's taupe, not beige. I would go with off white if I had my way.

6. Apr 16, 2012
    fixerupper

fixerupper New Member

I spent a lot of time living in apartments that were various shades of white and beige so just once I would like to add a little pop of color. I wouldn't even be opposed to a hunter green. I am just so sick of beige I want to hurl.