lighting tricks

Discussion in 'Electrical And Lighting' started by sweet_mayhem, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Dec 17, 2006
    sweet_mayhem

sweet_mayhem New Member

i read from somewhere that one of the ways you can do to make a room visually larger is by maximizing the use of lighting. you can try installing lights in all corners of the room so that you can see the room in its entirety. also, it's a good idea to maximize the use of natural light. this is a good way to extend the outdoors indoors. :)

2. Dec 23, 2006
    milly

milly New Member

In one of our rooms - where outside light does not penetrate in very much, we bought lamps that all point towards the ceiling. This gives an effect of the ceiling being well lit. It helps make the room much brighter. Also we use only white light - and no yellow light bulbs. It helps also.

3. Jan 13, 2007
    wayne

wayne New Member

I havent heard of this before and have tended to go for the option of mirrors to make a room look larger. I can see the theory behind what you are saying though as the lighter a room is the larger it will look. I might try this in the spring when I am decorating the bedrooms.

4. Jun 27, 2009
    austin8979

austin8979 New Member

Another way to add some light in a room is accent lighting. Lighting strategically placed to highlight corners or items you want to show off. A small uplight placed behind a TV can offer the same effect as an ambilight. Add some lighting behind bars or on top of a bar or cabinet for some soft lighting.