House, Townhouse, or Condo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PlushPickens, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Mar 31, 2012
    PlushPickens

PlushPickens New Member

A house, townhouse or condo? Which would you prefer to live in? I'm leaning towards purchasing a condo or townhome, but I'm just not sure. What are the pros and cons of all these you can think of?

2. Apr 1, 2012
    SuzyD

SuzyD New Member

I think it would depend on how much privacy you want. With a house you are more then likely to have more of that. Most condos and town homes have neighbors right next to you. Probably just keep checking out each to see what you feel the best about. Good luck.

3. Apr 1, 2012
    hammers

hammers New Member

I would only live in a house. I am never moving out of the country. I love the privacy and the land that we have. You can't have either of these with the other 2 options.

4. Apr 8, 2012
    fixerupper

fixerupper New Member

We currently live in a duplex and rent the other side out, but we are both ready to make the move into a house. It really depends on what you are looking for I guess.We want the space and privacy a house will give us. We are both young enough that taking care of the yard and repairs isn't a concern.

5. Apr 8, 2012
    Howdie

Howdie New Member

I've always preferred living in a house, and one that I owned. The older I get, the more I appreciate having someone else responsible for the repairs, lawns and general upkeep. Still, I'll stay in my house for as long as I can.

6. Apr 8, 2012
    Darla

Darla New Member

I prefer a house, far away from neighbors. I think a condo or townhome would be good for an older person who feels safer around people.

7. Apr 9, 2012
    Yoohoo

Yoohoo New Member

I like the privacy of a house and when I get tired of lawn maintenance, I will hire someone to do it for me. Townhouses aren't too bad since you only have people on either side of you, but with a condo, you can also have people above and below you and that's even worse.