Getting central AC

Discussion in 'HVAC' started by fixerupper, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Apr 8, 2012
    fixerupper

fixerupper New Member

We have been contemplating getting central air for quite some time and I think we are finally ready to take the leap. Can anyone recommend a good quality brand of AC unit that won't break the bank?

Jared Welch likes this.
  2. Dec 15, 2014
    Allen Watson

Allen Watson New Member

There are a lot of good energy efficient ac units available nowadays. If you need to buy a new ac, always look for an energy efficient model. Good quality room air conditioners are 10% more efficient and qualified central units are about 15% more efficient than standard models. If you are air conditioner is getting old, there is no need to call an ac repair Expert. Buying a better and energy efficient ac is always the best choice.

3. May 28, 2019
    SteveGranger

SteveGranger New Member

Please mention some names of those efficient ac units or recommend an ac repair expert who will help in getting the one.

4. Jun 3, 2019
    rayrayjeffjeff

rayrayjeffjeff New Member

yeah i agree

5. Oct 11, 2019
    TammyMowry

TammyMowry New Member

Every unit has some different type of configuration and the home structure and outside temperature also matters a lot in the working of the AC. The size matters too. And I think that small size ac consumes less power and works really good with a bigger life span.

6. Nov 18, 2019
    Jared Welch

Jared Welch New Member

Well, in this era you will AC with amazing features, but yes you need to take care of the brand. What type of AC are you looking to have duct or ductless AC? For the interior go for the ductless AC.