Excited Newbie Here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Angelajohn, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Jun 1, 2015
    Angelajohn

Angelajohn New Member

I am Angela Johnson from Los Angeles, CA. I am working as a Teacher and I am having this vacation so I have the free time to register in your wonderful site. I love blogging. I am interested in forums especially the topic with regards to home improvement and remodeling.

Thanks for accepting me here ;)

Lea Matt and Smart Red like this.
  2. Jun 6, 2015
    Smart Red

Smart Red Member

Welcome, Angela, from south-est, central-est Wisconsin! Unfortunately, this forum is not as active as I would like. A remodeling project is usually a "do and done" activity so folks stop by with specific problems or questions and leave when the work is done.

I am a retired educator so my vacation time is permanent. I am married to a builder, have several apartments/houses that we have remodeled, and am also a volunteer with our county's Habitat for Humanity house building projects. The family is currently working to re-side and re-hab an old house with our son.

I am please to have you here and hope we can learn from and help each other.

3. Aug 12, 2015
    Gary Jones

Gary Jones New Member

I'm pleased to meet you Angela and also to Smart Red. Like you ladies, I am also new here. You are right SmartRed this forum is not as active as I'd expected as well. I am a painter in Melbourne and looking forward to learn and help each other here.

Smart Red likes this.
  4. Aug 13, 2015
    Smart Red

Smart Red Member

@Gary Jones, you are a painter, as in you paint inside or outside of buildings or as in painter/artist? My DIL does painting as in murals . . . . wall mural 3.JPG
    . . . and painting as in body art.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

DS does painting outside. . . . Painting the front windows.JPG
    . . . . and painting inside. . . .
    Living room after.JPG
    . . . . and furniture building and design. I do the furniture finishing for him.
    cupboard w: wine rack.JPG

My granddaughter was asked what she wanted to do when she grew up. The first thing - without even taking time to think about it was: she wanted to be a painter . . . .
    . and a colorer.
    Her older brother had that beat, though. He wanted to be a knight, traveling about rescuing damsels in distress.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  5. Aug 20, 2015
    ArtisanKitchensWV

ArtisanKitchensWV New Member

Woah cool tattoo!

6. Aug 20, 2015
    Smart Red

Smart Red Member

My DIL does excellent work. My only complaint is that she uses my son as her palette. I have to look long and hard to see the baby I raised under all the dragons, flower, eagles, mermaids, etc.

Gary Jones likes this.
  7. Oct 21, 2015
    Gary Jones

Gary Jones New Member

Wow, cool tattoo! Great design as well! I paint in and outside the buildings or hourses.