Deciding on colors

Discussion in 'Kitchen and Bath' started by Howdie, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Mar 7, 2012
    Howdie

Howdie New Member

How do others decide on what colors to paint a kitchen and to use in all the fixtures, flooring, windows and appliances? Is it magazines, a decorator, or a favorite room from someone you know that sets your head to spinning?

2. Mar 8, 2012
    hammers

hammers New Member

Honestly I just went with what I liked. What looks good to you. The kitchen to me is probably the most important room in the house. It's the room that we gather in the most as a family. I wanted my kitchen to be homey and comfortable. I chose my colors from that thought.

3. Mar 10, 2012
    MsFixIt

MsFixIt New Member

I chose the colors from a country garland I have that I hung over my bay window. It's fruit but not in the bright colors, more of a subdued autumn harvest color palette. Between that and my cherry stained wainscoting and woodwork, I chose colors to complement.

4. Mar 16, 2012
    PlushPickens

PlushPickens New Member

Since I'm terrible at picking out colors, I'm an enormous copy cat. I love looking at decorator magazines and hope they list the paint color. I try to find a color that I think will look pretty with what I have.

5. Mar 18, 2012
    Darla

Darla New Member

I am with PlushPickens, I am a copycat. I like to scan the internet and home magazines to get new ideas for remodeling rooms. Sometimes I just take the idea I have found, and then add to it a little.