Ceiling fans

Discussion in 'Painting and Interior Design' started by Howdie, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Mar 29, 2012
    Howdie

Howdie New Member

I live in the South. We have ceiling fans. I am continually seeing television decorators freak out over a ceiling fan in a room and rip it out before they even consider the consequences. They evidently think the fans are ugly. I think they are a necessity and don't mind them at all. I can't imagine this heat without a fan overhead. Am I the only one who feels this way?

2. Mar 29, 2012
    Darla

Darla New Member

I know exactly what you are saying, Howdie. Some ceiling fans are eyesores, but I would rather be comfortable in my home. I was at Lowe's recently and they had some really nice ceiling fans. I think most home decorators are more worried about how pretty things look, rather than if it is functional.

3. Mar 29, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

I love ceiling fans - we have one in our kitchen, living room and each bedroom. I don't think they are hideous and I would never take them out. They really do work wonderful. They keep rooms cool in the summer and they push the warm air around in the winter.

4. Mar 30, 2012
    Howdie

Howdie New Member

I'm happy to hear you like ceiling fans, too. That does it. I'm putting up two in the back bedrooms this spring, but I'll be sure they look good for those in the household who want everything to match.

5. Apr 8, 2012
    Robbie

Robbie New Member

I live in the south too, and I can't imagine not having a ceiling fan. I want one in my two back bedrooms, but there are no ceiling outlets. Unless, I come into some money that is enough to upgrade my home decor, the ceiling fans stay, no matter what they look like. Have you ever been so hot at night you couldn't sleep. It's miserable.

6. Aug 10, 2019
    Kamnera

Kamnera New Member

Well Im in Austin and it gets pretty hot. Ceiling fans are standard issue around here. I stopped using mine when I brought flighted birds into the house and bought an oscillating fan instead.

7. Oct 12, 2019
    TammyMowry

TammyMowry New Member

Yes! Ceiling fans are an important part of the house. I have ceiling fans through the house.Every room has one ceiling fan. It is very satisfying.

8. Apr 24, 2020
    Kinny

Kinny New Member

I really like ceiling fans, especially if they are made well)))