Caulking bathtub

Discussion in 'Kitchen and Bath' started by Fryar, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Apr 16, 2012
    Fryar

Fryar New Member

I just realized one of our bathtubs is in serious need of some new caulking. It's got a little mildew built up in there, too. What products currently out work best with this type of mildew?

2. Apr 17, 2012
    SuzyD

SuzyD New Member

I've always used Tilex for mildew and it works pretty good. I spray it on the shower curtain at times when it gets a little mildew on it to save having to wash it in the washing machine.

3. Apr 17, 2012
    JenP

JenP New Member

Bleach is the only cleaner I use for mold and mildew. It seems to work well and it kills anything. I also love the smell of bleach! Just be sure to open the area up so you have fresh air to breathe!

4. Apr 18, 2012
    hammers

hammers New Member

I am a bleach fan too, bleach really does kill everything. Tilex might work, but it might not kill the mold. I think they key is to clean the area often and make sure it's dry. Mold tends to grow in wet areas.

5. Apr 19, 2012
    Howdie

Howdie New Member

I think trying one of each before doing a thorough caulking job might be the ticket. It doesn't take long before those little black spots start showing up. My wife has taught me to wipe down the shower after I use it. I haven't thought about drying it. Maybe dabbing the corners would help, if I were of a mind to do it.