By what method should we take?

Discussion in 'General Exterior Repair Discussion' started by roro, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Nov 14, 2006
    roro

roro New Member

My husband and myself are considering purchasing a home that has wood as the exterior. I can not tell you what type of would but it is not something I would want to keep. The house was built in 1978 and the wood has been painted over and it is not very appealing. Now we want to eventually remodel by adding on to our boys room that will be too small for them once they become a little older.

NOW, my question is this, Should we do the remodeling after we're done with the exterior makeover?

2. Nov 15, 2006
    handystan

handystan New Member

Definitely Remodel first then do the exterior restoration. The new edition won't match if you remodel second. Hopefully you can have the paint on the exterior wood pressure washed to remove the paint. Once the remodel is done, then you can paint the whole house. Hope that helps

Thanks
    Stan

3. Nov 15, 2006
    roro

roro New Member

Thanks alot Stan. Some may say that it should be easy to decide but I am not one who knows about any of this. And that's why there are forums like this to help people like me, who don't have a clue about any of this.
    Now I know where to come when I need advice or suggestions in this area.

Or, maybe one day I could add something.

You think, LOL?

4. Sep 24, 2007
    kav

kav New Member

Remodel first, then perhaps you can add some creativity to the house depending on what you have to spend, like a new porch or something like that, that offers a lift to the scenery.