Bougainvilleas!

Discussion in 'Landscaping' started by Robbie, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Mar 7, 2012
    Robbie

Robbie New Member

My all-time favorite plant is Bougainvillea. My favorite color is a new variety from Europe. It's called 'Vera Deep Purple' and is a neon fuchsia color. My neighbors have one in their yard, and it is just stunning! I will be shopping around for it soon. If you are a Bougainvillea lover, such as I, do you have a favorite color for your landscaping? Though, all colors really, are simply beautiful!

2. Mar 7, 2012
    MsFixIt

MsFixIt New Member

This isn't something I have in my yard but I love the sounds of that color. Fuchsia is one of my favorite colors. Is that a bush or shrub or a regular flowering plant? Does it prefer full sun, partial or shade?

3. Mar 8, 2012
    Yoohoo

Yoohoo New Member

I love bouganvilleas too. We have a couple, but they aren't flowering very much and I don't know why. It's too bad because I love that pretty deep pink color (I'm not sure of the shade name). MsFixIt, it's a flowering bush that prefers full sun.

4. Mar 11, 2012
    Robbie

Robbie New Member

Also, MsFixIt, they can be pruned or staked to become a shrub or tree. They are pretty drought resistant, although they should be watered when you see it start wilting. They have little paper like flowers on them.