Bath Tile

Discussion in 'Kitchen and Bath' started by technix, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Feb 19, 2007
    technix

technix New Member

I'm new to remodeling, but I really want to try to put some tile down on the floor of my bathroom. A relative gave me some, I guess 12" by 12", white tile for free so I was thinking about using them there. I don't know much about color or anything and don't know if white tile in bathrooms is old fashioned. Is it a good idea to use them on my bathroom floor?

2. Feb 19, 2007
    handystan

handystan New Member

If you like the tiles then go for it. Make sure it goes with everything in your bathroom. 12" tiles more then likely are made for flooring. Tiling is also a great project for someone that is new to remodeling or home repair.

I hope that answers your question.

Stan

3. Feb 20, 2007
    technix

technix New Member

To me tiles are tiles...I'm not the trendiest of people. I just don't want to come home to one of those TLC shows that has a team of people making fun of me and making me decide between a shag toiletpaper hider or homemade soap holder. lol, ok I'm not that bad, but close.

4. Feb 20, 2007
    handystan

handystan New Member

RSmith lol, Yeah you might seek some advice from somebody with an eye for design first.

5. Aug 15, 2008
    eleet34

eleet34 New Member

Odds are that if someone was willing to unload them on you they might not be top quality or look. If you are going to take the time to retile, you might as well take the time to go visit some showrooms to see if there are some designs that catch your eye. Or at least you might want to add some accent tiles to what you already have.